11. Plastome is
a)Plasmalemma proteinb)A type of plasmidc)An organellar genomed)None of the above
Ans: plastome: Genetic material of plastid like Chloroplast
12. Which of the following process require energy
a) ligationb) restriction digestionc) hybridizationd) transformation
Ligation: sealing of single stranded nicks or breaks by ligase enzyme. The process requires ATP and NADP+.
13) Enhanced axillary branching for multiple shoot production is promoted by
a)2,4-Db) Abscisic acidc) BA (Benzyl adenine)d) Gibberellic acid
2,4-D is an auxin and auxin is responsible for sustaining apical dominance there by promoting axillary branching
14. Viral replication within cells is inhibited by
a) IL-4b) IL-1c) IFN alphad) TNF alpha
Interferons: are antiviral agents (proteins) secreted by virus infected cells and induces a virus resistant state to the surrounding cells by inhibiting its replication.
15. In the course of cell cycle, the level of the protein cyclin abruptly falls during
a) G1phaseb) G2 phasec) S phased) M phase
16. Protein binding regions of DNA are identified by one of the following techniques
a) Finger printingb) Foot printingc) Southern blottingd) Western blotting
Ans: (b) Foot Printing
- Foot Printing: The identification of a protein-binding site on a DNA molecule by determining which phosphodiester bonds are protected from cleavage by DNase I.
- Southern Blotting: The technique used for identifying specific DNA fragment using labelled probe.
17.Si RNA (s) interfere at
a) Transcriptional levelb) Post -transcriptional levelc) DNA replication leveld)Translational level
Ans: (b) Post -transcriptional level
18. Plant secondary metabolites
a) Help to increase the growth rate of plantb) Help in plant reproduction processesc) Provide defence mechanisms against microbial attackd) Make the plant susceptible to unfavourable conditions
Ans: (c) Provide defence mechanisms against microbial attack
19. Mobile genetic elements present in human genome are
P) LINESQ) SINESR) P elementsS) IS elements
(a) Q, R (b) P, Q (c) P, R (d) Q, S
Ans: (b) P, Q
20. Meristems escape virus invasion because
a)Vascular system is absent in the meristemb) of low metabolic activity in the meristemc) of low endogenous auxin leveld) the virus inactivating system has low activity in the meristem
Ans: b) of low metabolic activity in the meristem