1. Why proline and gylcine are exceptions in Ramachandran plot?
2. Let’s assume Hexokinase having Vmax 100 mmol/min with having Km 10 mM for Glucose.
a. With [S] = 100 mM, which will increase the velocity more; a 10 fold decrease in Km or a 10 fold increase in Vmax
b. With [S] = 10 mM, which will increase the velocity more; a 10 fold decrease in Km or a 10 fold increase in Vmax
3. A population contains 1800 individuals, 162 with yellow fruit and 1638 with green fruit. You know that fruit color segregates as a single Mendelian locus with two alleles. An experimental cross between a green-fruited and yellow-fruited individual yields only green-fruited offspring. Assuming that the population is in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium, how many of the green-fruited individuals are homozygous at this locus?
4. Describe a strategy to sequence a 4 kb fragment of DNA.
5. Why is proline considered as a ‘compatible solute’ in plants? Mention the two molecules from which its biosynthetic pathways originate.
|csir second paper-6|
|csir second paper-3|